The Pitch’s Ten Most Scandalous People of 2014

Kim Kardashian was one celebrity who dominated headlines this year.
Photo Courtesy of Flickr/Kim Kardashian Fashian

2014 was a year of sensations, scandals and triumphs. With new headlines coming out every day, it is hard to pick what the most interesting stories of the year were. Here is The Pitch Online’s list of the most fascinating people this year.

10. Scott Disick

Lord Disick (LD) had quite the year. While filming the hit reality show Kourtney and Khloe Take the Hamptons, Disick ended up in the hospital with alcohol poisoning. After struggling with addictions to alcohol and sleeping pills, he endured a five-day-long stint in rehab. LD’s name was a popular tabloid headline, with some outlets trying to convince readers he was leaving Kourtney for her sister Khloe. The TV show showed Kourtney threatening to leave Disick on several occasions if he could not sober up. Disick’s year hit a climax on Dec. 14 when Kourtney gave birth to the couple’s third child, a baby boy whom they named Reign.

9. Meek Mill

Rapper Meek Mill just could not stay out of headlines this year. In July, the hip hop artist was sentenced to anywhere from three to six months in jail after violating the probation of his 2008 arrest. On Dec. 2, he was finally released. Mill was in even more legal drama this year. Two years ago Mill was arrested for possession of marijuana, but when the police found nothing, Mill ended up suing Philadelphia. One of the cops who Mill called out decided to sue him, claiming the rapper defamed him and destroyed his self esteem. Now the rumor mill is churning up stories that Mill is dating the queen of rap, Nicki Minaj. However, Minaj insists the two are just collaborators.

8. Miley Cyrus

Miley Cyrus is internationally known for her wild partying and crazy antics. This year Cyrus took her Bangerz tour around the world, shocking audiences with her barely-there outfits, wild props, and outlandish dance moves. In her personal life, the singer made headlines for dating Patrick Schwarzenegger, son of former California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver. Cyrus now has a whopping 14 million followers on Instagram , and is constantly posting edits of herself, often using photos of herself as kid or herself today in crazy poses and places.  She recently underwent wrist surgery, but something tells us that nothing will be keeping this former Disney darling down for long. This year she proved she really “can’t stop”, and we can’t wait to see what she’ll bring to 2015.

7.  Donald Sterling

Sterling dominated headlines this year, but it was all for horrible reasons. Sterling lost ownership of the Los Angeles Clippers after conversations of him exhibiting raw racism were leaked to the press. People were outraged, demanding that he be banned from the NFL, which he eventually was. Sterling was in the news again after pulling out of a toy drive for fear that this would interfere with his safety, according to TMZ. The infamous Sterling helped teach an important lesson that racism is not okay in the United States, and that it does not have a place in the world of professional sports.

6. Amanda Bynes

Poor Amanda Bynes just couldn’t catch a break this year. The former Nickelodeon star started the year enrolled in the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandise, appearing happy and healthy. Sadlyin October, Bynes is arrested for driving under the influence. She then claimed that her father had sexually abused her as a child. She took back the claims, tweeting “The microchip in my brain made me say those things but he’s the one that ordered them to microchip me,” referring to her father. The troubled star had a brief stay at a psychiatric ward before being released. Lately, Bynes has been spotted around LA and continues her pattern of tweeting strange and cryptic tweets. We hope that Bynes will able to get her life under control in 2015, and become healthy, happy and stable.

5. Kesha Rose

The pop diva formerly known as Ke$ha dominated headlines when she entered rehab at the beginning of this year for an eating disorder. The singer told Rolling Stone is July that her eating disorder started due to the pressure to look perfect in Hollywood. Kesha has also been in the news recently because she is suing her producer, Dr. Luke, for sexually assaulting her. It’s been a hard year for Kesha, but we admire her for getting the help she needs and speaking up about abuse and the pressures of society.

4. Kim Kardashian

Socialite Kim Kardashian did everything in her power to break the Internet this year. In November the starlet graced the cover of Paper magazine in extremely risque photos that had everyone talking. She was also one of the many celebrities to be hacked this year, and her private nude photos were leaked online.  In her personal life, Kardashian wed infamous rapper Kanye West, father of her daughter North West. They were by far the most talked-about family this year, and were constantly making headlines for everything from Instagram posts to Fashion Week appearances. We’re sure Kardashian will continue her quest for world domination in 2015.

3. Justin Bieber 

Oh Bieber, Bieber, Bieber. In Sept. the pop star was arrested for allegedly driving drunk. The Internet exploded, as many people, including comedian Seth Rogan, felt that Bieber got what was coming to him. However, it was later revealed that police may have overreacted.  However, Bieber’s legal drama would not end, and he was charged with assault, vandalism, reckless driving, and more. In regards to his personal life, people could not stop talking about his on-and-off relationship with Selena Gomez. She recently released an emotional ballad about how hard her relationship with Justin has been. The couple is reportedly broken up at the moment, and Bieber is rumored to be dating model Hailey Baldwin.

2. Shia LaBeouf 

Former child star Shia LaBeouf was in headlines for sad reasons this year. After a year of strange behavior, including wearing a bag on his head proclaiming he was no longer famous and admitting to plagiarism, Shia began the #IAMSORRY campaign. The star sat in a room and allowed audience members to say whatever they want to him. Allegedly, one of the people to come to the “show” sexually abused Shia, raping him. Details of the assault are unclear, and it has lead to confusion and concern.  Hoepfully LaBeouf will be able to get the help he needs in 2015 and find happiness.

1. Bill Cosby 

Bill Cosby used to be known as a hilarious family man. His old TV show “The Cosby Show” was cherished as an American classic, and so was he. All that changed this year, with over 20 women claiming that they were sexually abused by the star. The most recent victim to step forward is Sammy Davis Jr.’s ex girlfriend, Katherine Mckee. Cosby has denied the allegations, but the evidence is beginning to stack against him. The headlines this year that have had Cosby’s name in them have been truly saddening.

0
0