Summer 2017 full of concerts in D.C.

Early summer is a busy time for concerts in D.C. As the weather gets warmer and students are getting let out of school, what better time to go to a concert? Lots of outdoor arenas, as well as indoor, open up for the season, hosting a variety of concerts.

June 4: On Sunday, June 4, Chance the Rapper came to Jiffy Lube Live. Chance has become a popular artist among teens and young adults, singing admired songs, such as “No Problem” and “Sunday Candy”. Jiffy Lube Live offers covered seats, in addition to a lawn, where concert attendees stand up or sit on blankets.

June 20: On Tuesday, June 20, U2 and the Lumineers come to FedEx field. Home to the Washington Redskins, FedEx field provides 82,000 seats all with varying views of the main stage. U2 and the Lumineers are very well-liked in the rock genre and although they have lost popularity in recent years, expect a full crowd on June 20.

June 25: On Sunday, June 25, New Kids on the Block comes to Verizon Center. Popular in the 90’s, New Kids on the Block will most likely attract adults who grew up listening to their music. Verizon Center, where the Washington Capitals and Washington Wizards play, can seat up to 18,000 and provides an indoor arena, allowing the concert to go on rain or shine.

July 7: On Friday, July 7, the National Symphony Orchestra comes to Wolf Trap. Wolf Trap often hosts formal events, requiring guests to attend in fancy attire. The National Symphony Orchestra is the most recognized orchestra in the nation and is praised by the most significant musicians.

These are just a few of the abundance of concerts that D.C. has to offer. D.C. is home to a variety of venues that have the ability to contain large crowds of fans. To check when your favorite band is coming to the D.C. area, go to www.vividseats.com.

0
0