Former WJ Teacher Writes Book

Former WJ science teacher Corky Logsdon has published his first book: The Disappearance of Booktown, Ohio; An Historical, Personal, and Environmental Perspective. Logsdon self-published 350 copies of the book for distribution to friends and organizations that he supports.

After 18 years of teaching Environmental Science, Earth Science and Horticulture, Logsdon retired in 2005 and began researching the history of his family farm in Booktown.

“I started formulating, researching, and writing the book two and a half years ago, after I retired,” said Logsdon. “I traveled back to my hometown area to research the libraries, court records, etc. to get a solid foundation of facts. I interviewed residents of my little hamlet I had not seen in 50 years.”

In his book, Logsdon chronicles the changing landscape he found upon returning to his home town.

“Throughout the history of the United States, small hamlets have disappeared into folklore,” writes Logsdon in the inside jacket of his book. “[Booktown’s] demise has been camouflaged by modern day franchised motels and gas stations at Exit 91 of the Ohio Turnpike.”

0
0