Did you receive your weekly H.U.G? Sept. 16-22

Home- On Sep. 18, a storm, though not as severe as the storm earlier this summer, hit Montgomery and Prince George’s counties. The severe weather ended in the early afternoon but flash flood and tornado warnings were issued. The tornado warnings were cancelled before 3:35 p.m. after the severe weather died down but the flash flood warnings were issued until 5:45 p.m. As for WJ, all outdoor practices were canceled, teachers were sent emails that discussed tornado emergency procedures and students who had to walk in this storm were drenched. No injuries were reported. (Source: Gazette.net)

United States- The teacher strike in Chicago finally came to an end on Sept. 18 as the teachers voted to end the strike and returned to class on Sept. 19. The strike was originally related to better contract negotiations with Chicago Public School and Mayor Rahm Emanuel. The strike kept nearly 29,000 teachers and 360,000 students out of school for about a week and a half. A new teachers contract is being negotiated, but the teachers have decided to return to the classrooms. (Source: ABC News)

Globe- A suicide bomber in Afghanistan killed 14 people  on Sept. 18. Ten of the dead were foreign flight crew workers who had contracts with the United States.The bomber was an 18-year-old women, and the incident brought the number of deaths involving the protests to approximately 28. The protests are  in response to a movie made in the United States that mocks the Muslim Prophet Muhammad. (Source: The New York Times)

0
0