A Final Farewell to the Class of 2012-2013

On Fri., May 31, the class of 2013 came together for one last time as they received their diplomas at DAR Constitution Hall in Washington, D.C. Over 500 Wildcats walked across the stage to officially become WJ alumni.

The graduates were addressed by a wide variety of speakers, including senior class president Facundo Severi. During his speech, Severi made a point to personally make everyone in the audience feel touched by having everyone place a hand on the shoulder of the person next to them.

The main commencement guest speaker was NBC 4 news anchor Eun Yang, who addressed the graduates as well. Yang, a Paintbranch HS graduate, spoke about her experiences as a young news intern and how she obtained the career she has now. She wanted to ensure that the graduates would know how hard work and dedication will pay off.

Principal Jennifer Baker followed Yang by acknowledging some of the many accomplishments the class of 2013 had such as the copious amount of money raised for Pennies for Patients.  Baker expects many more great things to come from this promising group.

Finally, senior class treasurer Brooke Engelhardt led the Wildcats in the turning of the tassels as they moved them from right to left, symbolizing their official graduate status.

The graduation ceremony concluded with the traditional throwing of the caps, symbolizing the completion of their high school career.

0
0