Missing UVA Student Hannah Graham Still Not Found

UVA sophomore Hannah Graham, who was reported missing last month, and has not yet been found.

Photo Courtesy of Flickr Creative Commons

Anna Hovey, Online News Editor

A little over three weeks ago on Sept. 14, 18-year-old University of Virginia sophomore Hannah Graham was reported missing. She was last spotted on a surveillance tape walking in front of a Charlottesville pub, heading away from the school’s east campus.

According to USA9, Graham’s family has expressed deep sorrow and concern over the whereabouts of their daughter, and are extremely grateful for the help and support they have received from the police, the university and the general community. Graham, whom they characterized as being highly organized and responsible, is not the type to run away without contacting family and friends first. They have maintained the hope that Hannah will soon be located, and urge anyone who may have information on the location or status of their daughter to call 434-295-3851, a tip line for the Charlottesville Police Department.

USA9 says that on 1:20 a.m. on Sept. 13, Graham, who was supposedly intoxicated, sent a text to her friends letting them know she was lost. This was the last text anyone received from her. Three other young women have gone missing in the same area in the past five years alone, two of which who have yet to be found and one whose remains have been located. The offender(s) in these last three disappearances have yet to be found and brought in.

Since this horrific incident, leads have been submitted, video surveillance uncovered and suspects taken in. According to the Huffington Post, the last person Graham was seen with that night was Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr., a University of Virginia hospital worker. According to the Huffington Post, the Virginia Department of Emergency Management has been searching for evidence nonstop in Graham’s case.

Each day new information is found for the case, and thus, the search for Graham continues. The entire UVA community and nation as a whole appear to be devastated over the missing girl, and wait with bated breath for more information on her disappearance or, ideally, her safe return.

0
0