Curveball: Ironed Private Pants vs. Public No-Pants

As many of you already know, outside of WJ there is a whole other world of education, a whole new brand of the purgatory that is high school, a world of collared, button down shirts, pre-frayed hats cocked to one side and most importantly, the bros that fill them.

Now most students will tell you that private school and public school kids are two different breeds, like sharks and bears, except in our case, all the bears drive Bimmers, but aside from that, we’re not that different.  Sure the time we spend jogging around our demolished field is spent at private schools chipping off on the school golf course at private schools, but the matter is of no consequence.  Whatever we spend our time doing, whether it’s wandering around G-Square, or playing squash in a private school’s facilities, we are all the same.

Junior Dylan Berry, of the all-male private school  Georgetown Prep was able to point out the two, principle differences that separate private school from public.

“Chicks and ‘Muscle Milk’,” said Berry.

But even though there is never enough ‘Muscle Milk’ to go around in WJ (It makes my triceps burn so good!), there are other perk we get to take advantage of, specifically the right to dress as badly as we want.  Even though having a spiffy uniform to wear every day would be pretty sweet, it’s nice knowing that the only restriction I have when I dress myself is that I have to.  While coming to school naked during December in Maryland may seem impractical, it’s still tempting.

As Berry said, we do in fact, have girls at this school, and for that matter, boys, too.  Being able to go to a coed school is something that I feel most of us take for granted.  Being around the opposite sex gives us a chance to be a part of a social equilibrium that some don’t get, even with all the money they throw into education.

With high school comes drama, but with different schools comes different shades of the world’s leading manufacturer of awkward situations.  For public school kids, drama usually goes like this:

Person 1: You (Talked sh** about/Stole/Wrecked/Slept With) my (Car/Money/Boy/Girl/Dog)!

Person 2: Word to your mother.

For Private school it goes something like this:

Person 1: Hey (Broski/ Hoski) I heard you (Jacked/ Drank all of/ Sold/ De-Ruffled) my (Lincoln/ Muscle Milk/ Rolex/ Backpack full of Axe and a Gamecube)

Person 2: Oh, you’re right; I’m sorry, wanna (Go mock the peasants/ Share/ Lift weights)?

0
0