Anders Answers: Second Semester Switching

Dear Anders,
I have a different teacher this semester than last semester, and I feel my understanding of the material has declined drastically. How do you feel about WJ’s policy preventing teacher changes?
Sincerely,
Worried with Classes
Dear Worried with Classes,
Trust me, I feel your pain. I too have had less than ideal teachers on my schedule after a great semester of other teachers. I personally dislike the policy, because it doesn’t give students any say in their schedules. However, as a senior, I have learned the appropriate way to deal with this problem. First, make sure you complain to all your friends about your plight. Second, compulsively stalk your counselor for the next week or so. Finally, bring cookies or other foods as an offering to appease your counselor in hope they take pity on you and change your schedule. The policy may exist, but that doesn’t mean we can’t break it once in a while.
That being said, you could just as easily keep working hard in class and adjust to the new teaching style. Life isn’t always in your favor and you need to learn to deal with adversity. Unless the teacher doesn’t teach well, then you should give up hope and cheat off your smart friends. It stinks, but it happens.
Good luck!
Sincerely,
Anders Norberg

0
0