Dealing with bad drivers

If you have ever gotten behind the wheel, you understand the struggle of bad drivers. As students, we are all justifiably excited to finally be able to drive ourselves to school instead of having to beg for rides from parents or ride the bus.

Imagine it: you wake up to a beautiful spring morning, get ready, get into your car and start jamming to your favorite playlist. It’s the perfect morning until that white F150 cuts you off and you are forced to honk your obnoxious horn. Morning officially ruined. You are aggravated now and decide to also drive too aggressively because that is the only way to survive on the main roads. And when you finally make it to the WJ parking lot, you have to somehow get to your parking spot without silently cursing out your math teacher for not knowing how to freaking drive.

Navigating through a maze of mostly inexperienced drivers is not only difficult, but it is also extremely dangerous. Everyone has been the victim of an arrogant driver and there seems to be more and more of them in the school parking lot. Twenty percent of all motor vehicle accidents in the United States happen in parking lots. Neglecting the rules of the road when one enters a parking lot is not only illegal but also extremely dangerous. Just because you’re less likely to get a ticket for ignoring a stop sign in the parking lot does not mean that the person passing the other way doesn’t expect you to stop.

It is extremely important for teenagers to be careful on the road because they may not be as comfortable as some of the “obnoxious” drivers. Any accident can be avoided and everyone should take necessary precautions.

2
1