Public Displays of Affection: Not Appropriate for School

Imagine walking down the hall, minding your own business, when suddenly you bump directly into two people who are passionately making out. Of course, everyone, including innocent bystanders, is horrified. This whole situation could have been easily avoided if those individuals who were sucking face would simply take their lovin’ to a more private location. Making out is fun to do but not fun to see.

Romance is a part of being in high school, but those students who think it’s wise to be making out so indiscreetly are wrong. It’s just trashy. And the students of WJ are classy people and classy people should not engage in raunchy physical activity in front of others. It’s extremely disconcerting for people who must witness it. Only the people involved in the relationship should be part of such an intimate experience. The romantic part of kissing is taken away when you do it in front of others.

Little kisses are good, hugging is fine, holding hands is encouraged; however, swapping spit and inappropriate touching does not reflect well on your moral compass. Why would anybody want a questionable reputation?

WJ offers a program called Child Development, a preschool class within the building. This means that, on occasion, there are young, preschool-age students occupying the hallways. If what you are doing is inappropriate for the eyes of a three-year-old, then it is necessary to save it for another time.

Also, WJ is a diverse community. It has students of many religious and ethnic backgrounds. Some religions find certain activities, like public displays of affection, morally wrong. So it is of the utmost importance to be respectful of these individuals’ beliefs. With your PDA-ing activities, you might not only make many people feel uncomfortable, but you could deeply offend a few as well.

There is a time and a place for everything. The time for making out is not now and the place is not at school. So please, WJ, respect yourselves and respect your peers. Get a room.

0
0