Was Trading Agent Zero a Good Decision For the Wizards?

Point guard Gilbert Arenas, known as “Agent Zero” to his fans, was traded last month to the Orlando Magic for forward Rashard Lewis. The top player for the Wizards and the team’s lead scorer for the first 24 games of the season, this year there were doubts about whether the trade was really going to be advantageous for the Wizards.

Even with Arenas, the team was still not doing so well and in the games leading up to the trade, they had lost seven games straight. On Dec. 18, when the trade was finalized, fans became anxious to see whether Lewis would prove to be beneficial to Wizards’ success.

Lewis has not done that bad himself, averaging 16.5 points a game over the course of his career.  As a result, joining the Wizards and replacing one of the team’s best players earned him high expectations from the Washington faithful.

On Dec. 22, Lewis made his first appearance as a Washington Wizard, in a game against the Chicago Bulls. It did not seem like he was off to a good start. Lewis did not make a single three-pointer and finished with only eight points. He also committed five fouls, and the team lost 80-87. The Wizards’ losing streak was extended for two more games until the team won big against the Indiana Pacers 104-90.

Lewis did help, with 10 measly points, but this is still not even close to the performance the team had with Arenas.  There seems to be little hope for the Wizards to do well this season and they are not going to do better unless Lewis starts to show some improvement.

0
0
$775
$1000