WJ hockey looks to stay hot after long break

The WJ hockey team has been on a roll after their disappointing 10 – 3 loss to Churchill. Since the loss, the team has won their last five games, including a 4 – 3 win against B-CC on Dec. 18. After that game, though, the team had a long break. 

“It was disappointing to have that time off, because we [were] really gelling as a team,” senior goalie Jackson Miller said.

During the break, the team stayed focused on the season ahead in spite of the holidays.

“It was important for us to practice and stay in good shape,” senior forward Brando Kobernick said.

The team had to wait until Jan. 8 to play their next game, but they clearly hadn’t  lost their winning mentality, beating Sherwood 4 – 1.

“We could have won by more, but a win is a win,” Miller said.

As the regular season winds down, the team will face four more opponents before the start of the playoffs, including rivalry matches against Whitman and Churchill. The final stretch will be tough, but the Wildcats will look to continue their winning streak into the playoffs.

[playbuzz-item url=”//www.playbuzz.com/thepitchonline10/ice-hockey-season-results-quiz”]

0
0