Profile: Sophomore Kyle Peterson

Second baseman Kyle Peterson is one of two sophomores on varsity baseball this year. Naturally, he has had to adjust to the different level of competition on varsity. Peterson realizes that he will have give 100 percent in every game.

“Our competition knows we are a tough team who will always bring our all so they always come prepared for a good game,” Peterson said.

This step up in competition could be very stressful on a player, but Peterson has enjoyed playing on varsity.

“We have a very talented team and everyone is really cool and just in general [it is] a fun team to be on,” Peterson said.

Peterson hopes to help the team this year by being a team player, hitting and pitching, and he feels that he has already proven that he is a hard worker from his dedication to improve in the offseason.  The work Peterson has put in has already drawn interest from Division 1 programs such as Coastal Carolina, Virginia Commonwealth and San Diego State.

“I did track in the winter to get faster and hit everyday with my dad,” Peterson said.

Peterson is very confident and hopes he can help the team go far in the playoffs this year.

[playbuzz-item url=”//www.playbuzz.com/thepitchonline10/baseball-indield-positions”]

0
0