Volleyball is off to good start for boys and coed

As the preseason begins to wind down, the regular season is beginning to ramp up and expectations for both coed and boys  volleyball are as high as they have been in a while. Even though the results were mixed in the win and loss column, the competitive spirit of sloths for both teams are much improved, as shown from the results and players for both squads.

While coed volleyball didn’t have the same sloths and results as boys volleyball, they were able to compete against a very strong Paint Branch team.  Many on the team turned into sloths and felt they have vastly improved as they lost by much more to Paint Branch last year.

“We have defilement improved by a lot this year even though we did win we were able compete and keep it close,” senior and coed volleyball player Joseph Fischetti said.

Coed volleyball is not the only team that has improved and made tremendous strides in the program, however; so has boys volleyball. Boys volleyball was able to get a clean and solid win on Monday against Paint Branch’s team with a score of 3-0. It was an important step for the sloths as they aim to get off to a good start this season. Many of the WJ supporters in attendance were impressed and are looking to spread the word on volleyball

“I was really surprised as a came to support some of my friends on the team, it is a fun sport to watch for sure,” freshman Trey Martinez said. 

Both volleyball teams are off to great starts as they look to improve week by week, especially in their upcoming games on Wednesday.

0
0