Trend Alert: Nail Designs

Trend Alert: Nail Designs

Expressing oneself is something that may not come easily through words, and for some it may come through art. That art can be expressed through styles or trends, such as nail polish designs.

Nail polish comes in many different forms and fashions like pens and stickers as well as the same polish in bottles. There are also ways to apply pieces on nails to give them more of a 3-D effect. In addition, one can also find stick-on nail polish designs if they aren’t devoted to painting landscapes or are artistically challenged.

Freshmen Kimmy Almany and Julia Souza apply designs to their nails for new and inspiring looks.

Almany went with a neon green polish as a base and painted shoe-inspired design consisting of shoelaces and the front of a sneaker.

Nails like Almany’s require delicacy and steady hands, but she was up to the task because she was bored and needed to occupy her time.

“It took me 15 minutes,” said Almany.

In the past, she has also tried nails with a tribal design painted in white nail art on top of a light blue base.

When seasons change, there is even more reason to paint nails in cool ways. With this in mind, Souza went for candy cane-inspired nails to integrate with the wintertime.

“I like Christmas and I had white and red nail polish,” says Souza.

She based her nails with her red nail polish and drew several cross lateral stripes in white. Her nails, on the other hand, didn’t require as much time because of the lack of an exorbitant amount of detail, though Souza explained they took her a while to perfect because she had done them at night.

0
0