Most anticipated films set to release this fall

When a comet is continuously approaching Earth, two low-level astronomers played by Jennifer Lawrence and Leonardo DiCaprio decide to warn the oblivious population.

As a result of the vaccine spreading throughout the world, facilities have been able to gradually begin opening again, movies have been able to get back on sets and actors have been able to get on red carpets for their premieres. For avid movie watchers, the pandemic was grueling as filming came to a grinding halt. Consequently, the anticipation has increased tenfold these past few months and everyone is impatiently waiting for these movies to debut. There are a few notable movies that will be released in the fall that have made the anticipation unbearable.

Dune
Highly impatient Timothée Chalamet and Zendaya fans have been waiting a long time for this movie to finally appear in the cinema; however, because of all the precautions the crew had to take, the sci-fi and adventure movie has been delayed longer than originally anticipated. While the movie was initially supposed to be released in December last year, the release date has been pushed to this October. With the trailer out, people are getting as excited as they were when they first heard about the release. The story follows Paul Atreides, portrayed by Chalamet, who has to fight for the survival of his family and entire civilization. Atreides travels to a treacherous planet called Arrakis (colloquially known as “Dune”) to obtain a life-prolonging drug found exclusively on that planet. Although this is a remake of the original 1984 “Dune” movie, they are both different adaptations of the eponymous novel.

Spider-Man: No Way Home
Following the release of “Spider-Man: Far From Home,” in June 2019, this Marvel threequel will be released. The film will be the last addition to the most recent Spider-Man movie trilogy, with Tom Holland and Zendaya reprising the roles of Peter Parker/Spider-Man and MJ respectively. After the recent release of paparazzi pictures where they seemed very close, the fans’ enthusiasm about seeing the two onscreen again has grown. Their clear chemistry onscreen and in real life has brought more buzz to the upcoming release. As introduced in the trailer, the movie focuses on Peter Parker’s identity being uncovered as Spider-Man, which causes numerous problems that make it difficult to live his life and do his superhero job. As a result, Parker seeks help from Doctor Strange, another Marvel character.

Don’t Look Up
Adding to the collection of upcoming movies is the comedy/disaster movie “Don’t Look Up” directed by Adam McKay. The phenomenal cast includes ranging from venerated performers Leonardo DiCaprio and Meryl Streep to singers Ariana Grande and Kid Cudi. Fans of these iconic celebrities are marking the December 2021 release date in their calendars as they are beyond excited to see how it will turn out. The movie revolves around a comet that is progressively getting closer to Earth and will eventually impact and destroy all of mankind. To let everyone know what is happening, two low-level astronomers go on a giant media tour to spread awareness of this apocalyptic situation.

House of Gucci
Finally, another highly anticipated movie, coming out in November 2021 is “House of Gucci,” which is directed by Ridley Scott. This biographical crime/drama movie is based on the book “The House of Gucci: A Sensational Story of Murder, Madness, Glamour, and Greed,” which focuses on Patrizia Reggiani (Lady Gaga) and her conviction for planning her husband’s assasination. Reggiani’s husband, Maurizio Gucci (Adam Driver), is the head of the fashion house for Gucci. People are longing to finally get to watch this true and captivating film in the theaters.

1
0