Teacher of the Week: Anne Sexton

Teacher of the Week: Anne Sexton

This is Anne Sexton’s first year teaching at WJ. She previously taught at Tilden and Rosa Parks middle schools. Sexton teaches both Algebra I and Honors Algebra II, and is also the coach for JV Softball.

What are your interests outside of school?

AS: I love football; I love sports [and] going to sporting events. But football is my number one sport. Washington Redskins, I go to all [of] their games. I like to bike ride, I take spin classes. I was training for a triathlon, but then my triathlon got cancelled, so I’ve postponed that dream [until] next year. I like photography, I used to do that pretty religiously.

What is your favorite television show or movie?

AS: Empire Records [is] by far my favorite movie. I’m really into “Revenge” right now, a new show [and]  I love “Dexter” too. [I love] any crime shows [or] murder mysteries.

What are some of your interesting or unique hobbies?

AS: I [used to] ski race in college, which is uncommon around here. I did slalom, which is just going in and out of gates, and giant slalom, which is just a little bit wider. But it’s racing on skis. I went to [college] in Canada, so lots of skiing.

Can you describe your typical Saturday?

AS: A typical Saturday would be going [on] a bike ride or to a spin class in the morning, softball practice and maybe [math] tutoring. And then, hopefully getting dinner with friends or something like that. Relaxing, [but] knowing me, [I am] probably doing work; the life of a teacher. Grading papers, preparing lessons, catching up on work, it never ends.

0
0