Student Profile: Junior Class President Kyle Lopez

Junior Kyle Lopez is very passionate about his position as class president. After being involved with student government this year, Lopez plans on running for president of the student government association (SGA) next year.

“I decided to run for [class] president when I wanted more of a leadership role at the school,” he said. “[That is] also why I am running for SGA president [next year].”

During the school year, Lopez has many duties including selling tickets to dances, organizing a junior class t-shirt sal, and attending all meetings. Though it is time consuming, Lopez said it is still very fun.

“[The] best thing about my job is interacting with everyone,” he said. “I like to be social.”

Lopez meets with the other junior class officers one to three times a month. However, as the school year comes to an end, they meet every week to plan upcoming end of the year events to prepare for senior year. According to Lopez, the biggest challenge for him is remembering important dates. He uses his phone to help remind him.

Additionally, Lopez encourages everyone to get involved in student government.

“If you want to get involved, make sure you’re ready for the work,” he said. “It’s a lot [of work], but it’s fun. Make sure you really want to do it.”

0
0