Student Attendance for Spring Break Eurotrip Decreased

In addition to the fact that this year’s school sponsored trip to Spain and Portugal was scheduled with a new tour company, there was also a considerable drop in attendance in comparison to last year, both of which made this trip considerably different. However, despite the changes, this year’s Euro Trip held true to its objective of giving students an opportunity to gain world knowledge while having fun.

“Students can be impacted a great deal by traveling abroad and I am happy that for many students this trip allows them an opportunity to do that,” said Euro Trip sponsor Nico Atencio. “By experiencing new places and cultures we truly can gain a respect and understanding for the world and our history.”

While accustomed to taking much larger groups, Atencio sees some of the benefits in taking a fewer number of students.

“The biggest difference with the numbers is that it is much easier to manage the group to make sure that everyone is on time for travel,” said Atencio. “A small group can have the same problems as a large group, but when it’s a large group the problems can be magnified.”

0
0