Welcome to Savageland: Words from Mr. Savage’s Wall of Fame

dsc_3892 copy

Students, staff and friends wrote hundreds of notes to remember English teacher Karl Savage.  The Post-it note “Wall of Fame” hung outside of Savage’s classroom before being given to his wife, Julie Hemming Savage, and three children.

Some of those notes read:

“Dear Mr. Savage,  Thank you so much for everything you taught me.  Being in your class, I learned much more than how to write an essay or analyze a text. You taught me how to be original, how to express myself, and, most of all, to have fun. Even though you’re not here now, your laughter and joyfullness will never be forgotten. Thank you for being such an inspirational teacher. I will always love and remember you.” -Manori De Alwis

“Words will never be able to explain my admiration. Thank you for everything.” -Anonymous

“Savage, I’ll never forget all of the things that you taught us. You taught us more than english, you taught us AP life, and as far as I’m concerned, you got a 5.” -Peter Langer

“Life just got a little less awkward. RIP Savage.” -Anonymous

“Thanks Savage! You were a phenomenal teacher. Kick ass in Heaven. Prayers for your family.” -Zoe Sensintaffar

“Thanks for all the well-dressed lollipops, even if the easy button was broken a few times.” -Celia Karp

“I thought I had a crush on Ms. Ellen. However, when I met you, my whole world turned around.” -Anonymous

“You will be extremely and unconditionally missed.” -Marissa Meliker

“You were and always will be an inspiration to all of us, students or not. Thank you.” -Anonymous

“It was never about the grade you got, you learned no matter what. You taught me to take risks in writing. I came to class and sat back for a comedy show. ‘Best’ is an understatement.” -Anonymous

“There aren’t many teachers who don’t need to be known by all to be loved by all. I hardly knew you, but your energy, your talent for teaching is contagious, your memory everlasting.” -Anonymous

Remembrances can be sent to the Savage family at [email protected]

0
0