SGA Elections 2010: Meet Your SGA President Candidates

Tomorrow, students may vote for separate class officers, but all students will have one ballot in common: that of the 2010-2011 SGA officers.

To help you be an “educated voter” in choosing next year’s student leaders of WJ, The Pitch Online asked all SGA-officer candidates about their goals, experience, prior leadership, etc.

Meet the candidates for SGA President…

James Mertz is member of the varsity football and lacrosse teams. He is a member of the Young Investors Club.

GOALS?
To make new and interesting events to go along with previous ones, like student dodgeball and PowderPuff, raise more money from new-and-improved fundraisers and create an all-around exciting and dandy attitude for the next school year!

INTERESTING FACT?
I make a pretty tasty omelet.

YOUR COMPETITION?
I care strongly for WJ and its community and want only the best for them. I also cut my own hair which is kind of unique.

sga pkg sga prez james mertz

Michael New is a member of the varsity basketball and tennis teams and a founder of the Young Investors Club. He was president of Luxmanor Elementary in fifth grade.

GOALS?
To make a phenomenal homecoming video, be as involved as possible and make the [2010-2011 school-year] as fun as possible.

INTERESTING/UNIQUE FACT?
I almost died in a skiing accident in the ninth grade!

YOUR COMPETITION?
I have a Puritan work ethic and am the most willing, [compared to my competitors], to put in the work and time it takes to ensure the job gets done.

sga pkg sga prez michael new

Brady Gradowski is the president of WJ’s Ninja Club and a dedicated member of the varsity crew team.

GOALS?
To bring back “Every Fifteen Minutes,” the school wide campaign against drunk driving and [to] make the SGA a forum for student opinions.

INTERESTING/UNIQUE FACT?
Secretly, I am a loner, even though many people think I am very outgoing.

YOUR COMPETITION?
[Unlike my competition], I am huge! I am 6-foot-5.

no photo available

PHOTOS BY ABBY SINGLEY
INFOGRAPHICS BY ABBY SINGLEY
INFORMATION COMPILED BY KATIE LEVINGSTON, ABBY SINGLEY & JEREMY SMITH.

0
0