Senior Class Elections 2010: Meet Your Candidates for Vice President

Nicky Fowler lost to SGA candidate Sarah Howie in the fifth grade presidential elections at Wyngate. He runs cross country and track and is secretary of the Young Investors Club.

GOALS?
To try to involve more people in more school activities and work with SGA on school activities.

INTERESTING FACT?
I would really like to be VP. I also have no pets and am the middle child.

YOUR COMPETITION?
I am the only Vice Presidential candidate who went to North Bethesda. Also, I am the only person over 6 ft 2 inches. In addition, I am the only one that reads the Pitch Online.

(Interview conducted by Katie Levingston)

Lindsey Jamieson was Vice President of the junior class this past year. She is a member of the varsity lacrosse team and the Key Club.

GOALS?
To make sure our senior year is the best year yet, to raise more money then ever before for Pennies for Patients, to fundraise for our class and charities, and to make sure our homecoming, prom and senior class picnic are memorable.

INTERESTING FACT?
I’m a part of the Rockville Youth Commission which, starting in September, will meet with the mayor of Rockville every month to discuss the needs and issues of the student body of schools around the area. I can truly voice the concerns and needs of WJ students.

YOUR COMPETITION?
I’m charismatic, hard working, spontaneous and determined to make our senior year amazing. I have a lot of experience with leadership activities because I was captain of JV soccer sophomore year and junior class Vice President.

Yota Kollia is vice president of the Dance Club a member of the Book Club. She is in the National, Science and French Honor Societies. She is also a member of the Science Olympiad, WJ S*T*A*G*E*, TV Club and Film Club.
GOALS?
To give seniors the most memorable year of their lives. I want to raise money for our class through new and creative fundraisers, in which more of the class will be involved in. Over the years I’ve noticed that not many people show spirit. I would like to change that and get more people enthusiastic about their school community.
INTERESTING FACT?
I’m from Greece and have lived in different countries.
YOUR COMPETITION?
I’m very determined and committed to this school.

Sean Geier is a two-time captain of varsity lacrosse and a member of the Swim and Dive Team. He is in the National, Science and Math Honor Societies and Vice President of the Engineering Club.

YOUR GOALS?
To raise a lot of money for Pennies for Patients and other events throughout the year. I want to make sure we have a fun homecoming, raise more Pennies for Patients money than last year, and have an overall successful and memorable year.
INTERESTING FACT?
Outside of school, I make and sell long boards.
YOUR COMPETITION?
I am a member of so many different clubs and organizations and teams, that I have a very wide and diverse friend base, and this would help me to better reach out to the class as a whole.

(Interview conducted by Jeremy Smith)

0
0