What has President Trump been up to

On January 20, Donald Trump was sworn in by Chief Justice John Roberts as the 45th president of the United States. During his inaugural speech, Trump painted a bleak picture of “American carnage” across the country, speaking about inequality, abandoned factories and crime. He promised to fix these issues by making “America strong again, wealthy again, proud again, safe again and, yes…great again.” The same day, the White House website, where Obama’s administration’s information on civil rights, climate change, LGBT rights, health care, immigration, education and the “Iran Deal” had been available, was changed to just six “issues” with the  “America first energy plan” replacing climate change.

On January 23, Trump has begun doing away with the Obama administration’s actions by putting an end to a flagship trade deal with 11 countries in the Pacific rim. Trump also placed a hiring freeze on non-military federal workers. Trump also signed an anti-abortion executive order which requires international non-governmental organizations receiving federal US funding to agree to “neither perform nor actively promote abortion as a method of family planning in other nations”.
On January 24, Trump signed an executive order reviving two crude oil pipelines. The Dakota Access pipeline was blocked in mid-December amid claims of infringement on Native American territory and possible harmful side effects of such a project along a major waterway. The Keystone XL Pipeline was vetoed by president Obama last year, and has now been brought back onto the table, with President Trump stating his attentions to bring American resources, funding, and labor onto the two major projects that will push millions of barrels of crude oil across the US each year. Trump also made drastic changes to the US government structure, blocking employees at both the Environmental Protection Agency and Department of Agriculture from talking to reporters and other members of the media, as well as signing into law major cuts in the EPA’s budget, as well as forbidding the creation of new contracts and grants.

President Donald J. Trump has set up his cabinet nominees. Here is the list:

Secretary of State: Rex Tillerson

Attorney General: Jeff Sessions

Education: Betsy DeVos

Health and Human Services: Tom Price

Transportation: Elaine Chao

Secretary of Treasury: Steven Mnuchin

Secretary of Commerce: Wilbur Ross

Secretary of Defense: Gen. James Mattis (Ret.)

Housing and Urban Development: Ben Carson

Department of Homeland Security: Gen. John Kelly

Secretary of the Interior: Ryan Zinke

Energy: Rick Perry

Veteran Affairs: David Shulkin

Agriculture: Sonny Purdue

Chief of Staff: Reince Priebus
Ambassador to the United Nations: Nikki Haley

Administrator of Small Business Administration: Linda McMahon

Administrator of Environmental Protection Agency: Scott Pruitt

National Security Advisor: Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn

CIA Director: Rep. Mike Pompeo

2
0
View Comments (1)
$775
$1000