Opinion Blast: Pokémon X & Y

After 17 years, five generations, 20 games and 649 other creatures, the newest version of Pokémon is about to be released on Oct. 12.

In case you’ve been living under a rock for the past decade and a half, Pokémon is a turn-based strategy game from Nintendo. In the game, you take on the role of a Pokémon trainer, beginning your journey to get eight badges, defeat the evil organization and become the greatest master in the region. The game is played by caching and training different species of Pokémon with attributes ranging from Fire and Water to Dragon and Psychic.

This is big news for all fans around the world, because this new version adds a plethora of new features. Besides over 150 new Pokémon, the entire game is in full 3D, and there are new methods of ev0lution like Mega Evolution.

Players can train their Pokémon with Super Training and befriend them through Pokémon-Amie. Plus there is a whole new type of Pokémon: Fairy-type now gives the overpowered Dragon-type a huge weakness.

While the game will contain a majority of the same elements from previous installments of the game, this new version of Pokémon is guranteed to be an amazing adventure.

If you’ve never tried Pokémon or haven’t played it since the original Red and Blue games, I would highly recommend playing the next generation.

1
0