The Kushner problem

Daria London, Staff Writer

Lately, there has been a great deal of talk about collusion between Donald Trump and the Russian government. There has been a lot of speculation about this alleged collusion. The Democratic Party thinks that it is the biggest deal ever and the Republican Party essentially acts like there is no problem. Now, in the midst of all this chaos, a new lead story has emerged about none other than Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law. Kushner served as the behind the scenes guy in the Trump campaign, a man whom you rarely hear talk, which made it pretty shocking when I heard that he was the one that was communicating with the Russians.

According to Forbes, TIME, MSNBC and countless other news outlets, Kushner has been the behind the scenes master of the entire Trump campaign. Kushner encouraged Trump to tweet and managed the whole campaign team.  

Since the Trump team has been accused of colluding with Russia, many members have been scrutinized. The whole Russia investigation intensified with the firing of FBI director James Comey. The Trump administration thought that the firing of him would lessen the intensity of their investigation. This action backfired and the dismissal of Comey exposed many doubts about Trump’s character.

Yet throughout all this, the behind the scenes man, Kushner, became the focus of a new controversy, the back channel to the Russian government that was organized by Kushner.

Despite all the indignation about the possible reasoning behind the establishment of the back channel, I honestly think that they would organize this back channel to avoid leaking. Leaking has been a major problem in the Trump administration. Since it seems that everything Trump does is leaked, it’s only logical that they would want a back channel to the Russians.

As all the information is top secret we don’t know exactly all the details about collusion with Russia. Without this information no one can be truly sure if this back channel was intended to make secret deals with Russia for the benefit of the Trump administration, or simply to communicate with the Russians without the threat of leaks.

3
2

1 Comment

One Response to “The Kushner problem”

1. Unknown on June 16th, 2017 9:39 am

sooooo gooooood!!!

[Reply]

• The Kushner problem

Online Exclusive

Federer wins Australian Open

• The Kushner problem

Super Bowl halftime show shines during exciting game

• The Kushner problem

Family Feud Fundraising Event

• The Kushner problem

Online Exclusive

Super Bowl preview

• The Kushner problem

Online Exclusive

WJ athletes open up about their superstitions

• The Kushner problem

club

Walter Johnson Puzzle Tournament

• The Kushner problem

Online Exclusive

Bocce has best result in game against BCC

• The Kushner problem

Online Exclusive

Bocce looks to improve in games against Churchill and Wootton

• The Kushner problem

Best Movies of 2017

• The Kushner problem

Star Wars Movie Review

The Kushner problem