Fall Sports Wrap-Up: Golf

Junior James Lillie wrapped up the WJ golf season last Wednesday at the State Championship Finals at Potomac Ridge Golf Course.

Lillie, along with junior Oliver Vickery, participated in the State Championship Qualifier just two days prior to the State Tournament; however, only Lillie scored low enough to advance.

Lillie’s score at the state championship qualifier was an 80, six shots better than the cut at 86. At states, Lillie didn’t fare much better, shooting an 88 which earned him the title of 29th in the state and eighth in the division.

“I thought that the season started out slow but it got better as it went on because everyone got better [and] started playing more,” said Lillie. “But overall, I thought it was an awesome season.”

With the addition of freshman Evan Shapiro this year, the team’s chemisty was shaky at the start of their season, but as time passed, the team united to play a great season.

“The chemistry was rocky at first because we had a freshman, Evan, who didn’t know anyone and the team wasn’t that close,” said Lillie. “But it was definitely better at the end of the season because everyone became better friends and came together as a team.”

Losing only seniors Sam Coe and Max Silverman, the golf team will look to be serious contenders in their division next year.

0
0