Girls Volleyball falls to Paint Branch

The girls volleyball team lost their second game of the season to Paint Branch Wednesday after going down in four sets 22-25, 25-18, 22-25, 22-25.

Senior co-captain outside hitter/setter Anna Elder led the way for the Wildcats with 11 total kills and five digs, along with senior co-captain libero Kathy Pao who finished the match with 22 digs. Both teams split the first two sets, but the Panthers managed to come back in the third and fourth sets to seal the victory.

With playoffs set to start soon, the Wildcats look to continue one of their best seasons.

“The game versus Paint Branch was definitely a setback, but to look at it from a positive view, it will definitely help us focus on places where we need to work on before playoffs,” said junior mid Jennie Zelenko.

After the loss to Paint Branch, and a date with Watkins Mill on Tuesday, Nov. 3,  the Wildcats got a first-round bye and the third seed in the 4A West region set to begin on Nov. 6.

Now that the team has proved it has the height and physical dominance, it will also look to have the mental aspect of the game in their favor.

“We could really improve on our mental toughness,” said Zelenko.  “If we can improve our mental stamina, we will be in a really good position for playoffs.”

Coach Bill Morris is also going into playoffs positive, with high goals.

“In any playoffs you will be tested, it is how you mentally handle these tests which determine the outcome,” said Morris. “Based on our season we have the ability to go to the states.  How we play will determine if that becomes a reality.”

0
0