Girls Soccer Recap: Oct. 14 – Oct. 21

The varsity girls soccer team has yet again proven that they are a force to be reckoned with.

After winning their division against Northwest on Wednesday, Oct. 6 and gaining the title of 4A West Division champions, the girls have continued to battle it out away and at home. In the week following the Northwest win, the team faced Blair (3-1) on Thursday, Oct. 14 and Magruder (4-0) on Saturday, Oct. 16, crushing both teams and putting their record at 10-2.

“The girls’ teamwork has been tremendous; our goal scoring and assists have come from a multitude of players all over the field,” said coach Liz Friedman. “They practice hard and therefore they play hard.”

The team continued its five-game winning streak on Thursday, Oct. 21 against Damascus (1-0). With yet another shut-out win, the team’s regular season is coming to an end with a 10-3 record and five shut-out wins. With only one game left in the regular season, the team is hoping to stack another win onto their already impressive record. On Tuesday, Oct. 26, the girls will play Einstein, right as playoffs approach.

Whoever their opponent may be, the Lady Wildcats have set themselves as tough competition – a result of the hard work they have put in throughout the season.

“I could not be happier with where we are right now and with what the girls have accomplished,” said Friedman.

0
0