Girls Soccer Update: Oct. 26 – Nov. 5

Seemingly unstoppable, the girls varsity soccer team has concluded its game-winning streak with a shut-out win against Einstein (5-0) on Oct. 26. Having grasped this final win, the team has concluded their regular season with a strong 12 wins and 2 losses.

Coach Liz Friedman couldn’t be happier with all the dedication and hard work the girls have put into the season.

“I am obviously very happy with the wins but I am even happier with how well the girls have been playing and each game they seem to get better and better,” said Friedman.

The next step is regionals and the girls look forward to adding to their first round playoff win against Sherwood (3-0).  Their next game is at Churchill at 3:30 p.m. today.

“We are doing the things that we need to do to be successful and I know that the girls will take that into our next playoff game,” said Friedman.

The girls praise their teamwork and unity that has developed over the course of the season.

“Our overall game play has changed significantly since the beginning of the season because understanding each other now, we are able to play as a unit and win,” said junior forward Carly Van Wagoner.

0
0