Hockey Off to an Undefeated Start

WJ Ice Hockey has started out their season strongly, defeating B-CC, Damascus, and Blake all with relative ease.

The team’s offense has been on a tear, amassing a whopping 7.67 goals per game including a 13-goal outing against Blake on Friday. The defense has been stellar as well, led by brothers senior defender Parker and freshman goalie Emerson Smith, allowing only a 2.00 goals against average. However, despite the early success, the team still knows that there is room to improve.

“I think that overall our defense has been very good,” said sophomore forward Drew Ohlrich. “But we need to work on moving and controlling the puck.”

Sophomore Tyson Glover, who scored his first high school goal against Damascus, agreed that the offense needs a little work.

“As a team, we need to work on sharing the puck,” said Glover.

On Monday, the Wildcats had a tough win over Sherwood, 6-5, a team that defeated state finalist Whitman.  WJ goes into upcoming games looking to remain the only undefeated team in the division.

0
0
$775
$1000