College Basketball Predictions

As the college basketball season begins, most teams have high aspirations for themselves as they hope to get invited into March Madness and ultimately make a trip to the final four. Although many teams have these aspirations, they must prove themselves in order to get to the pinnacle of college basketball.

Local teams, such as those of Georgetown University and the University of Maryland have set themselves up by getting quality recruits to go along with experienced players, which will establish them in their conferences as powerhouses.

However, Maryland will face tough tests in the conference against Duke, North Carolina and North Carolina State.  Georgetown will face Syracuse and Connecticut, which will be difficult conference games.

In the first week of the season, Georgetown started their season 1-0 with a win over Duquesne while Maryland lost a heart breaking game to Kentucky, though later going on to beat Morehead state to get to 1-1.

I predict both teams will go pretty far and earn berths into the NCAA tournament. However, the lack of star power on both teams will hinder their abilities to make it all the way to the final four.

0
0