Expectations of girls’ varsity volleyball

So far this season, girls’ varsity volleyball looks promising. They have played exceptionally well  and their record demonstrates that. Their record stands at  3-2 and they are hoping to continue their success. Although the team lost their first game to Northwest 0-3, they went on to dominate their next three opponents, winning their home opener against Wheaton 3-0, their next match against Quince Orchard 3-1, and their match against Watkins Mill 3-1, making their record 3-1. However, their three match win streak was halted when they lost to Churchill 1-3.

Senior middle hitter Laura Hurtado attributes their early season success to their overall commitment to volleyball, and has an optimistic outlook on the rest of the season.

“I think this season we’re going to have a lot more wins then losses,” Hurtado said, adding that the team’s greatest strength is their enthusiasm.  

WJ girls’ varsity volleyball coach Tom Tepper added how the players demonstrate their commitment to volleyball on a daily basis.

“Our volleyball student-athletes show their commitment in the discipline and perseverance they demonstrate day by day, in pursuit of both their individual goals and the goals of the team,” Tepper said.

With the confidence, drive and exuberance they display going into every game, things look promising for girls’ volleyball. 

0
0