Varsity Field Hockey is on a roll

Senior Elizabeth Batwinis controls the ball down the field.

The girls’ varsity field hockey team has started off with a 1-1 record so far beating Thomas Johnson 4-1 and losing to Wootton 0-4. Led by six seniors this season, the team hopes to have a strong regular season and carry its momentum into the playoffs.

Senior captain Elizabeth Batwinis hopes to have a very successful season alongside with her co-captains, seniors Magni Mata and Lainie Jaffe.

“Our biggest goal is to have a successful season and to get along as a team. We want to always play our hardest during practice and games to make for a great season,” Batwinis said.

Like any team in the beginning of their season, one of the main goals is to avoid any injuries, and in a sport like field hockey, injuries can come at any time and can have a serious impact on the team. Team chemistry plays an important role in allowing players to be familiar with the specific plays and with each other. Since there are so many seniors on the field, the team plays well together.

“Having seniors on the field really helps with the dynamic on the field since we have some more experience playing together, and we know how to get the energy going on the field,” Batwinis said.

With the whole season in front of them, the team hopes to beat big division rivals such as Whitman, B-CC, and Churchill. With plenty games left in the season, the team has time to get to the top of their division and hopefully make their way to States.

[playbuzz-item url=”//www.playbuzz.com/thepitchonline10/field-hockey-quiz”]

0
0