WJ postseason hopes end abruptly and cut a great season short

Picasa

WJ soccer has been dominant this past season, starting off with a 9-0 record against some strong opponents. Due to the fast start, it was plausible to think about a possible soccer state championship run, but they have stumbled a bit at the end, losing two of their last six games.

“We are looking to tighten up on certain parts of our game but if we play like we’re capable of playing we should be fine,” senior and midfielder Cameron Parks said.

WJ beat Blair 4-0 with goals by Park, senior Giles Beven and  Zion on Friday. It was hard to not expect this since WJ had already beaten Northwood in a prior game with a final score of 8-1.

“We were very confident, but we all knew that anything can happen in the playoffs, so we made sure we took it seriously,” senior captain Zach Labonski said.

This same confidence spread to the very next game vs county rival Walt Whitman. The game was 0-0 till the end, but WJ was able to pull away at the end with a goal by Giles Beven. Unfortunately though that luck didn’t follow through the next game as WJ was a the other end of a one to nothing game.

WJ had a very successful season as they were dominant in the regular season and advanced in the playoffs, but fell short of their expectation as they lost to Blair Thursday night.

[playbuzz-item url=”//www.playbuzz.com/thepitchonline10/soccer-fun-facts-quiz”]

0
0
View Comments (1)
$775
$1000