Q and A with WJ athlete Rodrigo Yepez-Lopez

Junior Rodrigo Yepez-Lopez is a star cross-country, indoor track and coed track runner.

Q: How’s the track season going so far?
A: The track season is currently going really well, but we could still do better.

Q: What are your expectations for the rest of the season concerning track?
A: I’m expecting a very good season, especially because everyone seems motivated to do their best.

Q: Why do you like running?
A: I like running because it gives me an outlet for my stress. I especially love running because of the team spirit in the sport.

Q: What’s your favorite event to run in?
A: I really love the 3200 meter run because to run it you have to be both physically strong and mentally strong.

Q: What’s your favorite part about running for the WJ team?
A: I love how a lot of the underclassmen are very excited to perform well, and how the coaches are some of the best in all of Maryland.

Q: When did you get into running?
A: I first started to get into running last year. I began to feel a very big commitment to the team, and I felt like I owed it to the team to perform my best.

Q: Do you plan to keep running track later in life?
A: I will definitely keep running in college, but I haven’t decided if I want to run competitively in college.

Q: What are some of your favorite things to do outside of running and why do you like to do those things?
A: When I’m not running, I enjoy hanging out with my friends and having a good time.

Q: As an upperclassmen, what do you think are some of the most important things you can teach the younger runners and why?
A: I want them to push themselves early on so they can learn to work hard and strive to be the best runners they can be. That way, they learn early on to build a tough mindset.

1
0
$775
$1000