Louisville Takes Home NCAA Title

The Louisville Cardinals were the number one team coming into the mens’ NCAA tournament, and they came out number one.  The champions were led in the Final Four by unlikely star Luke Hancock,  who was named MVP. Hancock, a transfer student from George Mason, led the comeback against both the Wichita State Shockers and the Michigan Wolverines. The Cardinals were down by 12 in each game but were able to come back and emerge as champions.

Louisville finished beloved teammate Kevin Ware’s journey and adopted the motto “win for Ware” after Ware suffered a gruesome injury in the Elite Eight.

The runner-up Michigan Wolverines had a sensational performance in the tournamentas well.  The highlight of their tournament run came in the Sweet 16 when they had a miraculous comeback in the final secondsto force overtime.

There were some amazing Cinderellas this year as Florida Gulf Coast University  made a miraculous run to the Sweet 16 and the nine seed Wichita State made the Final Four.

This was one of the most exciting NCAA tournaments in recent memory and the number one team won it all.

0
0