Did you receive your Weekly H.U.G? Feb. 17-23

Home- On Sat. Feb. 22, WJ hosted its annual winter Pennies for Patients dance, WJ GLOW, as well as its first ever dance-a-thon.This year, GLOW had many different aspects, one of which was the dance-a-thon, an event in which students dance from 11 p.m. until 2 a.m. the following day. The dance-a-thon was separate from GLOW, so not all students who attended also participated in the dance-a-thon. The SGA anticipated a large turnout for this event, and tickets sold out, prompting an addition 50 to be sold.

United States-  On Thurs. Feb. 21, a fire swept through suburban Washington, engulfing a house in Glenarden, Maryland, killing three people, including two children. Aside from the two children, a man, who was not identified, was also killed. Three people did manage to get out alive and two are being treated at the hospital. One child was transferred to the National Children’s Medical Center in Washington, DC. (Source: CNN)

Globe- On Fri. Feb. 15, a meteorite broke through the atmosphere above Russia, making it the largest object to hit earth in more than a century. The meteorite may have struck last week, but the effects of the meteor haven’t disappeared. Nearly 1,100 people were injured by the blast, the force of which was comparable to that of an atomic bomb. The meteor was 55 feet in diameter and weighed around 10,000 tons. The majority of the meteor is yet to be found but exploration teams have spotted small fragments. (Source: FOX News)

0
0