Imagine Dragons give a ‘Radioactive’ Concert

On Sunday, November 5, pop rock band Imagine Dragons stopped by the Capital One Arena to perform their top hits, such as “Believer,” “Thunder” and “It’s Time,” in front of a sold out crowd.

The band’s theme for the concert was “Evolve,” their new album’s name, putting on videos during their concert talking about the evolution of the earth from beginning to now.

During the concert, lead singer Dan Reynolds during transitions commented on the current state of politics.

“There are people out there who will try to divide us,” Reynolds said, “And the have to come together and support each other to keep that from happening.”

About halfway through, the band walked through the crowd of fans to the other side of the arena to perform acoustic versions of two of their songs, “Shots,” and “Bleeding Out,” and even did a cover of Tom Petty’s “Won’t Back Down.”

After “Bleeding Out,” they walked back to the main stage to perform about five or six more songs, starting with “Thunder.” During the bridge, one of the band’s openers, named K. Flay, came back out to sing an extra verse, which no one had ever heard before, which excited the crowd.

The song which left everyone shaking was their top hit “Radioactive.” When the song began, the entire crowd stood up and started screaming in excitement, following the lyrics as Reynolds sang. After the bridge, the band went into a full out jam, with guitarist Daniel Wayne Sermon playing two bass drums, bassist Ben McKee playing bass and bass drums, drummer Daniel Platzman going crazy on the drum set, a backing track playing a violin patch, and Reynolds playing the large bass drum in the middle of the stage. Adrenaline was rushing through the bodies of the crowd and stage, as someone in the crowd, who saved a big ball which fell from the sky during “On Top of the World” was passed around. After it was over, everyone in the arena filled the room with excitement as they witnessed one of the best concerts they’ve ever seen.

Imagine Dragons will continue their tour overseas after their November 16 show in Anaheim, California.

1
0