Highly anticipated Disney movies coming out in 2018

“The Incredibles 2” comes out June 15, with very high anticipation. The original came out on November 5, 2004 and was a hit. Photo courtesy of Wikipedia Commons

It’s 2018, and whether you’re falling into the “new year, new me” gist or making resolutions, there’s always something to be excited for going into the new year. If you don’t have anything particular in mind, there are 10 new Disney movies coming out next year. Here are the ones about which people are most excited:

The Incredibles 2
After 14 years of waiting, The Incredibles is coming out with their sequel on June 15. The movie left off with the Parr family – Helen (Elastigirl and Mrs. Incredible), Robert “Bob” (Mr. Incredible) and their three children Violet, Dash and Jack-Jack are headed home from Dash’s track meet at the Metroville Stadium. Sadly, their peaceful family time is interrupted as a new villain called the Underminer attacks. Incredibles 2 is supposed to start off exactly one minute after that moment.
Time has passed since we first watched that movie, but it’s nice to see that our favorite characters have remained frozen in time. Seeing them in action will almost feel like watching the movie for the first time again.

Han Solo: A Star Wars Story
You’ve seen Star Wars: The Force Awa-kens, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and Star Wars: The Last Jedi, but now get ready for Han Solo: A Star Wars Story. This movie explores the adventures of the dynamic duo Han Solo and Chewbacca before they joined the rebellion. It also shows their early encounters with Lando Calrissian, a once smooth-talking smuggler who later became one of the most selfless leaders in the fight against the Empire.
Fans are excited to see what things were like for the duo before they met Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia and before they took down the Empire. Come see it May 25!

Cruella
Just last year, Belle got her time to shine in Disney’s live-action remake of Beauty and the Beast. Cinderella got her chance to dazzle us with her beautiful dress in Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty’s Maleficent showed exactly how powerful she could be in her own movie Maleficent. Now, get ready for another Disney live-action remake! This remake of the classic 101 Dalmatians is based off the infamous Cruella de Vil and her backstory. It’s also the second one to be based off of a villain.
Even better, Cruella is being portrayed by award-winning actress Emma Stone. We’ve seen her play many different roles, including Mia in La La Land, Olive in Easy A and Gwen Stacy in The Amazing Spider-Man, but seeing her play a classic Disney villain is a totally new spin. There’s no set date yet, but it’s supposed to come out around early 2018.

0
0