Pitch advisor Wendy Borrelli resigns

Julia Garms

More stories from Julia Garms

Photo by Julia Garms

Borrelli with her two successors excited to take the reins. Say farewell to her and hello to the new “teachers” of The Pitch, Maeve Sanford-Kelly and Jillian Ward.

They say all good things come to an end right? Well the day has come Cats and Cows; Wendy Borrelli is resigning as Pitch adviser and yearbook teacher.

Administration has decided that The Pitch, our student newspaper, will be completely run by students in the upcoming years in order to truthfully be claimed as THE student newspaper.

The yearbook class will no longer be an elective, but a class required for all students in order to receive half a credit to graduate.

The decision stemmed from administrations’ mission to build the student body, urge students to take responsibility and step up to leadership positions. Essentially preparing them for the real world. The change in yearbook becoming a required course was determined by the news of Borrelli stepping down, however, administration took it as an opportunity to boost inclusion at WJ.

As for Borrelli, she will be missed, however, she is moving onto bigger things. After hiding her secret talent for several years, the secret is finally out. Before becoming a teacher Borrelli pursued journalism as her career with the help of her Masters in English and physical education. She was recently offered a new job as a writer and illustrator for Disney’s children books. Her family will no longer be local, leaving her with many sad goodbyes to her fellow colleagues and students who she has grown to love.

Effective April 2, current print managing editors Maeve Claire Sanford-Kelly and Jillian Lyza Ward will be running The Pitch for the rest of the year. If you’re on Pitch currently then yes, you have to listen to them because they are 18. And Editor-in-Chief of the yearbook Becca Rose Scherr will be running the yearbook class for the remainder of the year because there is no more instruction or assignments since the last yearbook page was finished March 22. Congrats yearbook kids! You have a free period now.

In the light of recent news, I’d like to inform you that this is all false and you can slap your neck now.

0
0