Fall Movie Preview

“House at the End of the Street”

The trailer starts out as a typical love story: an attractive new girl moves to town and meets an equally attractive boy. This quickly takes a turn when it is revealed that the boy lives in a house where his parents were murdered. This is a horror movie with a killer going after the main character. It doesn’t look like your stereotyped horror movie, as it doesn’t involve lots of gore and blood, but isntead focuses on building up tension. There is a certain feeling of mystery and romance, so don’t expect the entire movie to be all blood and guts. Starring Jennifer Lawrence (“The Hunger Games”), Max Theriot (“Catch that Kid”) and Elisabeth Shue (“Hide & Seek”)- it is sure to be the thriller of the fall.

“The Perks of Being a Wallflower”

This movie is about a new kid at school who tends to be alone, but with the help of two seniors he is able enjoy school like he never has before.This is a comedy movie that doesn’t try to hard to be a comedy movie, but it does have a few clichés involved. The trailer highlights the characters and their personalities rather than the plot. While it does have a lot of humorous moments, Emma Watson (“Harry Potter”) will probably be what will bring people to this movie as well as Logan Lerman (“Percy Jackson”) and Dylan McDermott (“American Horror Story”). Overall it seems like it will be a promising movie with the type of comedy and jokes they preview in the trailer, and it will definitely be worth seeing for anyone in highschool.

“Wreck It Ralph”

While animated movies are usually for kids, I believe this movie will be worth watching. I would suggest this movie to anyone with younger siblings as well as anyone interested in video games. The main character is a villain in his own arcade game called Fix-It Felix.  When he gets tired of always doing the same thing and not being appreciated he leaves and goes into other video games including a shooter and a kid’s game to find some recognition. This movie has cameos from several popular game franchises in real life, but since they are all copyrighted they’ll probably only be cameos. It is animated, so it has the potential to be a little childish and immature. While I personally want to see it as a video game lover, I worry that this movie will be aimed towards younger children.

“Fun Size”

One of the most surprising trailers by far is that of this Nickelodeon movie.Because the movie is made by Nick, a tween-centered network, people expect a PG- rated comedy that is terrible for anyone above the age of 12. This movie however is for an older audience with many sexual innuendos and some crazy hijinks for all characters involved. While it does seem different from regular stereotypical Nick movies, it will most likely be predictable in many ways concerning the ending of who gets with who and what happens. I would suggest watching this movie, as it’ll fun to watch, but don’t be disappointed when half-way though you can probably guess what the ending is of who gets with who and how it ends for the main character and her friends. This movie has a a cast of several stars including Victoria Justice (“Victorius” and “Zoey101”), Jane Levy (“Suburgatory”) and Thomas Maan (“Project X”).

0
0