Trumps moves to appoint first cabinet members

Donald Trump is going to be our next president, and he has started to make his first appointments. Trump has dropped several hints as to who he wants to hire to his cabinet, the body of advisers to the president, composed of the heads of the executive departments of the government. Who will join Trump’s cabinet?

White House Chief of Staff: Trump announced on November 13 that he had chosen Reince Priebus, the chairman of the Republican National Committee.

Mr. Priebus said, in a statement, he looks forward to working with Trump “to create an economy that works for everyone, secure our borders, repeal and replace Obamacare and destroy radical Islamic terrorism.”

Chief Strategist: On November 13, Trump announced the appointment of Stephen K. Bannon, the chairman of Trump’s campaign. There has been a lot of controversy surrounding the appointment of Bannon.

“There must be no sugarcoating the reality that a white nationalist has been named chief strategist for the Trump Administration,” House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said in a statement Monday.

Attorney General: On Friday, Trump appointed Jeff Sessions, senator from Alabama, elevating one of his earliest supporters and one of the most conservative lawmakers to serve as the nation’s top law enforcement official.

Commerce Secretary: Trump is considering Dan DiMicco, former chief executive of Nucor Corporation, and Lewis M. Eisenberg, private equity chief for Granite Capital International Group, to oversee the Census, the Bureau of Economic Analysis and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

Labor Secretary: Trump is considering Victoria A. Lipnic, Equal Employment Opportunity commissioner.

Education Secretary: Trump has said he wants to drastically shrink the Education Department and shift responsibilities for curriculum research, development and education aid to state and local governments. He is considering Williamson M. Evers, Education expert at the Hoover Institution.

Secretary of Veterans Affairs: Trump said that improving veterans’ care was one of his top priorities. He is considering Jeff Miller, retired chairman of the House Veterans Affairs Committee for the job.

National Security Adviser: Trump appointed Michael T. Flynn, former director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, to oversee policy proposals from the State Department, the Pentagon and other agencies. Flynn needs a waiver from Congress because of a seven-year rule for retired officers.

CIA Director: On Friday, Trump chose Kansas Republican Representative Mike Pompeo to run the Central Intelligence Agency.

For most other positions, including UN Ambassador, EPA Administrator, Homeland Security Secretary, etc., there are many people in the running. Renowned neurosurgeon Ben Carson took himself out of the race for Secretary of Health and Human Services.

In an interview with The Hill newspaper, Carson’s business manager, Armstrong Williams said, “Dr. Carson feels he has no government experience, he’s never run a federal agency. The last thing he would want to do was take a position that could cripple the presidency.”

Despite the wishes of some Democrats that Trump would moderate his views after the election, the Trump team is maintaining a quite conservative tendency through his cabinet nominations.

[playbuzz-item url=”//www.playbuzz.com/thepitchonline10/how-well-do-you-know-donald-trumps-policies”]

0
0