Puzzle Club: A look into the next new up and coming club

With a large range of clubs available at WJ, it can be hard to choose just one to spend your lunch at on any given day. If you’re crafty and like a challenge, there’s only one contender: puzzle club. Puzzle club was formed in 2014 and focuses around, you guessed it, puzzles. President Jessica Lee says it started when “Sophie Scobell and I found out we both had an obsession with puzzles.”.Of course, going to the club isn’t to only sit around making puzzles, it’s also a time to socialize and meet new people, according to Vice President Sophie Scobell

“The main focus of the club is just to hang out, puzzle, and have a good time.” Scobell said.

However, puzzle club has other goals in mind besides tackling the occasional 1,000 piece puzzle. They’ve also met to make lunches to donate to homeless shelters and have similar goals for the future.

“We have many goals and aspirations for the club, for example, having a puzzle competition. Soon we will need to find underclassmen to keep it going once me and the other officers graduate” Scobell remarked.

Clearly, the club is a legacy that will need to be continued. To be a part of this wonderful group, check it out Fridays at lunch in room G21.

0
0