Shamrock Fest rocks RFK once again

St. Patrick’s Day, occurring on March 17, calls for various types of celebration. Arguably the biggest St. Patrick’s Day party in the Washington, D.C. area is Shamrock Fest. Shamrock Fest occurred on Saturday, March 11 from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the RFK Stadium Festival Grounds in D.C. People of all ages attended the entertaining event, listening to a variety of musical performers and enjoying the best qualities of the holiday.

The performers for this event ranged from hard-core DJs to classic Irish bands. There were a few different stages where the artists performed, allowing a multitude of options. No matter what type of music concert-goers prefer, there was something for everyone at Shamrock.

Junior Ashley Smith attended the event with a group of friends.

“I very much enjoyed the music. It was nice to be able to go to different stages and listen to totally different music,” Smith said.

The audience at Shamrock tended to be decked out in green in order to display their St. Patrick’s Day spirit. People layered up in sweatshirts and long pants to make sure that they stayed warm during the freezing concert.

Unfortunately, the D.C. weather for Saturday was atrocious. The high was 36 degrees, while the low was 21 degrees, in addition to lots of wind. Luckily, being surrounded by large groups meant increased body heat, but the cold temperatures were still tough to bear.

“Shamrock was really cold. Luckily, we bought some cheap blankets the day before that we brought and were able to keep around us,” Smith said.

The overwhelming majority of people who attended Shamrock had an amazing time. Whether it was the variety of artists or the classic Irish food, there was always something for everyone.

The event is expected to continue into the future and occur on the weekend before St. Patrick’s Day in 2018.

0
0