• The Pitch staff is on summer break and will resume publishing in September
  • The first day of school is Monday, August 26
  • Have a great summer!

What’s wrong with these new online clothing brands?

Baron Thompson
Item bought online from “Demons Basement”.

There are thousands of new clothing brands meant to match hyped-up trends. A lot of these newer brands are online and have big issues that need to be fixed before it’s too late.

Scamming:

Some brands bait customers into giving them money and end up never sending their purchase or get too lazy to ship all of their orders. It may be hard to always keep up with orders when a business is still small, but they should never be abandoned. Customers will start to lose trust and become frustrated. Brands based in the Georgia area were recently stigmatized as scammers, a topic to which I can attest to. I’ve recently had a bad experience with a Georgia clothing brand called “Demons Basement”. I ordered two sweatshirts, and I only received one hoodie in almost two months. Another brand called “KOZY”, owned by a popular Atlanta influencer Quan, was caught in the crossfire of scamming accusations even though there isn’t enough proof. Most of these scamming accusations come from Quan being labeled as an “Atlanta Money Glitch” because his clothing brand doesn’t seem to be his main source of income. So basically, thanks to Quan people don’t trust Georgia clothing brands.

Shipping time:

Not to throw anybody under the bus, but on the website for the clothing brand 21 UNDER, shipping takes up to eight weeks for production and delivery. Eight weeks to receive an order is a waste of time and money. I guess it’s understandable because a brand might be getting a lot of orders but it can be easily fixed by having a shipping manager or factory handle the shipping of orders.

Lack of creativity:

As more styles start to trend, brands start trying to create clothes that fit the trend. If multiple brands do this they all start looking the same and aren’t making themselves unique. This can lead to fewer customers because they may be able to find the same thing somewhere else at a more affordable price or better quality. The amount of Y2K hoodies or puff print hoodies is a good example of repetition. They are pretty popular right now and they are all starting to look the same. Another thing that’s getting repetitive is baggy clothes. The problem with trying to sell baggy clothing is that a customer can just get a regular clothing item in a bigger size to add the baggy effect.

Pricing:

A lot of online stores are overly expensive. For some reason, it’s always the brands with a small selection of items. For example, there is an online store called Pieces Of Knowledge that has less than 20 items up for sale on their official website. All of which are overpriced for their appearance and quality. I think all clothing brands similar to this that aren’t known by millions of people worldwide and don’t particularly have a super high demand rate should lower prices until they reach more people.

2
0
View Comments (1)
$940
$1000