Indoor Track

With the season coming to an end, the indoor track team has remained strong and diligent in its pursuit of a 4A State Championship, on Feb. 20.

Those who qualified to participate in the 4A State Championship had to have made fast time during the season and at the Regional Championship on Feb. 11.

At the Regional Championship, the boys ranked ninth and the girls ranked sixth. Senior Duane Wilson won the 55 M silver, junior Jenna Willet won the 800 M bronze and both boys and girls won the bronze for the 4×800 M relays.

“We would’ve preferred to qualify more kids,” said coach Tom Martin.

The 4A State Championship permitted participation from only those who qualified in the 4A Regional Championship. Only one male sprinter made States for WJ. Wilson won silver in Regionals.

“We were coming off of a decent season with both girls and boys 4×8 and girls 4×4 qualifying for states,” said sophomore Camille Bouvet. “The great thing is that it’s just the beginning.”
said sophomore Camille Bouvet.

The accomplishments made by the team this season have given them optimism for the track season and next indoor track season, so that they can continue on a victorious path.

“We had some bright spots and disappointments, but we did well overall,” said Martin.

0
0