Fashion club to host showcase

The Fashion Club is putting on a fashion show on April 24. The club members have been working really hard and are ready to present their work.

The Fashion Club has been a part of WJ for a while now, but they haven’t been very prominent in the club lineup recently despite having an Instagram account that promotes meetings and new trends.

In order to change things up a bit they have decided to put on a fashion show to present the club’s fashion advice and their skills in designing clothes.

The whole idea of a fashion show came from senior President Juliana Bakumenko who chose this idea as her senior project.

“Fashion is a huge part of my life and I have always been passionate about empowering people through fashion,” Bakumenko said.

The project had a rocky start due to the fact that they didn’t have enough clothes to design by their goal date, but they have pulled it together and are really working hard to present a great show.

“These past few months, the members of the club and I have been upcycling clothes so we can feature them and sell them in the show,” Bakumenko said.

Each model will show off about two to three outfits each, all designed by the club members. Students from the Best Buddies Club will be modeling the new designs. They have been working tirelessly to reach their goal of empowering an audience and emphasizing the message that people should feel confident in what they wear.

Tickets for the show will be available at the kiosk. Tickets are $2 and the show will be held on Tuesday, April 24 at 5:00 p.m. in the cafeteria. All proceeds will go to the Muscular Dystrophy Association.

0
1