• The Pitch staff is on summer break and will resume publishing in September
  • The first day of school is Monday, August 26
  • Have a great summer!

International night celebrates multitudes of food and culture

• Junior Oksana Vorobiova presents Ukrainian food and drink. “I love the candy, I think it’s very sweet with a lot of different flavor,” Vorobiova said.

• Junior Mwape Sokoni presents the food she made from her country of Zambia. “Zambian food borrows from so many [nearby] cultures, so it’s very eclectic,” Sokoni said.

• Sophomores Taylor Simmons and Jordyn Cleaver enjoy their food from the night. “Every [exhibit] really embodies the flavors of their country,” Simmons said.

• Tebi Diskul serves food from Thailand. “I like the way it’s very crispy and contains rare meat,” Diskul said.

• Junior Chaden Scheetz is served Thai food. “The food was very good and reminded me of my grandma’s cooking,” Scheetz said.

• Juniors Michell Hoyos and Maria Valencia dressed in traditional Colombian dresses. “The yellow represents gold, blue representing the ocean and the sky, and the red representing the blood from the wars,” Valencia said.

1
0