What to Expect in Caps vs. Pens

On Wed., Nov. 20, the Pittsburgh Penguins will come to Verizon Center to face off against the Washington Capitals. What should we expect from this rivalry game?

As of Thurs. Nov. 14, the Penguins are coming off of a three-game losing streak, while the Capitals have won five of their past seven games.

Naturally, the game will be fueled by the energy and excitement of the home team crowd, so the Capitals will definitely have an advantage from playing the game in Washington.

This won’t deter the Penguins, however, who will no doubt start off strong.

The Capitals usually do better later in the game, while the Penguins usually start off stronger. This game won’t be over until it’s over.

Because both teams are so strong, it’s possible that a tie could lead to overtime. Despite a devastating loss to the Colorado Avalanche, the Capitals have been doing well in overtime and the shootout. The Caps beat the Detroit Red Wings Friday night after coming from behind. In the third period,  a goal from Alex Ovechkin and Michael Latta’s first career goal tied up the game. The Caps then went on to win it in the shootout with a goal from assistant captain Nicklas Backstrom. So if regular time ends in a tie, it’s very possible that the Capitals could snag the win in the end.

Here’s hoping.

0
0