What You Didn’t Know About . . . Paraeducator Jason Campbell

Jason Campbell? The Washington Redskins quarterback? Not exactly. Although many associate the name with the starting quarterback, there’s another Jason Campbell right here at WJ – a paraeducator.

And this Jason Campbell happens to be a die hard Dallas Cowboy fan.

Being a Cowboys fan in an area surrounded by a large group of fanatic Redskins fans can be difficult, especially depending on each team’s standing in the NFC East Division. Although Campbell faces constant criticism from others because of his bizarre and questionable loyalties, he currently holds all of the ammunition in this ongoing rivalry. Campbell is thrilled with the Cowboys current 8-6 record and possibility of making it to the playoffs.

Campbell credits his mother to turning him into a Cowboys fan.

“When I was young, she bought me a Cowboy coat because she liked the colors,” said Campbell. “That year I started watching football and realized the team playing had the same symbol as my jacket, so I figured they should be my team. I’ve been ‘True Blue’ ever since.” he said.

While not at home spending time with his wife and twin boys Gabriel and Gaege, or watching and traveling to Cowboy games, Campbell can be found teaching at WJ or running his barbershop and hair salon in Laurel, Md.

Campbell has been working as a paraeducator for MCPS for 11 years now.  He worked at nearby Tilden Middle School before coming to WJ two years ago. Currently, he paraeducates for math, science and reading classes.

“I love helping children and teaching them what I’ve been fortunate to learn,” he said. “I feel great about imparting what knowledge I have; even beyond the curriculum.”

While Campbell acknowledges that he loves his current job assisting teachers and students in his classes in whatever possible way, he admits that his favorite job has been barbering.

“I started as an apprentice barber when I was in high school, just for fun,” he said. “I learned the business and went on to earn my Master Barber License.”

He now owns a barbershop, Close to Home Barbershop and a hair salon, Close to Home Salon.

Campbell hopes to continue to improve the lives of his students as much as possible by not only assisting them with their school work, but also teaching them important lessons that can be used throughout their lives.

“I love to give real life experiences that apply to lessons, and I get so much out of seeing my students grow and mature into young adults,” he said.

0
0